Turboscreen Decanter Centrifuges
The Turboscreen DECANTER is an advanced development in solid/liquid separation technology and has significant design and process engineering advantages. With the usual screen bowl centrifuges, the screen section connects to the drum cone at the point of its smallest diameter with identical dimensions. This design has the disadvantage of a restricted volume and consequently a higher solids layer, with reduced centrifugal forces particularly in the dewatering section of the centrifuge.
The Turboscreen DECANTER combines the advantages of the solid bowl centrifuge and the screen centrifuge in two distinct stages, to optimum effect.
The greatest advantages
- Clarifying and drying in two separately designed stages.
- No disadvantageous compromise between clarifying and drying sections.
- Pre-thickening of the solid material with following break-up of the cake over the end of conical drum plate to a large screen section.
- Optimum removal of residual moisture from the pre-thickened solids cake in the large volume screen drum, due to the higher centrifugal force when compared with the clarifying section.
- High yields with minimum loss of solids and recirculation of the separated liquid.