Solid bowl decanter type centrifuges often will dewater materials which are too fine for effective dewatering by filtering centrifuges.
In decanter-type units, extraction of liquid takes place in the cylindrical part of the bowl. Dewatering of solids by compression of the cake takes place in the conical part of the bowl. Bowl geometry must be adapted to achieve optimum results for the desired application.
Depending on the application TEMA and Siebtechnik offer various design types and features that include the following:
- DZ Split housing design for typical industrial applications
- TS Decanters for gas tight and critical seal application
- SBD (Short bowl decanters) for quick settling materials while allowing for reduced maintenance costs and cleanable operations
- Accepts a wide range of solid concentrations
- High G-forces available for separation
- Adjustable pool depth for liquid clarity
- Adjustable scroll speed to control solids transport
- Various beach angles for moisture control
Materials of Construction:
The contact parts are typically made from 316 Stainless Steel, but, Hastelloy, Duplex, Nickel, Titanium or similar alternatives are available depending on the application. With abrasive material customized wear protection materials and designs are included.
Test units are available for in plant trials.
Short Bowl Centrifuges
Lactose USDA Centrifuges